Memorial Day on Wyoming Avenue

Memorial Day on Wyoming Avenue

Friday, December 20, 2013

Th Williams Family Santa Claus

 
My uncle Bill Connelly was a printer by profession, but come late November and December every year, he became - at least to the children of upstate New York and areas in central-northern PA...and my sister and I, the jolly old elf the world knows as Santa Claus.
 
 
He was a true professional, and graduated from the famous Charles W. Howard Santa Claus School. I can't find the pics right now, but I believe he was voted "Santa Claus of the Year" in ~1964, and at one point was in the running to be riding the sleigh with Ms. Claus in the famous Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade itself.
 
He enjoyed life to the fullest, and wherever he was at whatever time of the year, my Uncle Bill added plenty of energy & excitement to the occasion. 
 
 
 
 
Below: When he knew he was dying and had only a brief time left, this was one of the pictures that my Uncle Bill "Santa Claus" Connelly selected to be given to his nieces and nephews after he passed.
 

R.I.P., Uncle Bill.
 
Merry Christmas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment