Memorial Day on Wyoming Avenue

Memorial Day on Wyoming Avenue

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Stewarts: Seventh generation?


As I wade through the accumulated pics of the Williams and Stewart families, I recently discovered two photos that I had really not studied, or perhaps seen, until now.

The first photo below is the family of my paternal great-grandmother, Sarah Maude (Stewart) Williams taken in about 1900. Sarah is in the center of the photo seated between her parents...my great-great grandparents - Edward and Sarah (Robbins) Stewart.

 
 
This next pic below, which definitely includes Sarah (Robbins) Stewart and the daughter standing almost directly behind her in the picture above, appears to be a "4 generations" photo which includes the child of one of my g-grandmother's sisters. I'm not quite sure why there's a fifth person in the photo.
 
 
The woman holding the baby on her lap is, I believe, the mother of Sarah Robbins Stewart, which would make her my great-great-great grandmother.
 
Below is another pic of that same woman with, quite possibly, her husband and some siblings that was probably taken between ~1900 and 1910 (+/-). I've studied numerous pics of my great-great grandfather  - Edward Stewart ( 1852-1922 ) - to be convinced the man in the pic below is not him.
 
Conservatively, using the known birth dates (years) of my great-great grandparents, my best guesstimate is that the folks seated in the pic below are my great-great-great grandparents from the Stewart/Robbins lineage of our family that were probably born in ~1830 or so.  
 
 
Knowing that the history of my ancestors and their time in northeastern PA dates back to the 1700's, I am now tasked with solving another (Stewart/Robbins) family history mystery; what were their names and where are they buried? 
 
Edward & Sarah Stewart Headstone - Trucksville, PA.
 
I wonder how many folks have pictures of their great-great-great grandparents? 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment